May 22, 2012

May 20, 2012 Conditioning


  • 34.5" Plyo Box Jumps / 34.5" Seated Plyo Box Jump Superset: 15-15
  • 39.25" Vaults: 3
  • 41" Jumps: 10

So I did the regular superset, and that went well.  I noticed I'm clearing the top of the box by over half a foot, so I stacked the medium box on the tall box, which puts it at 39.25....the thing is I just don't have the courage to try it. I'm afraid of catching my leg or shin underneath the medium box on top and breaking a leg or something.  I know I can do it, I vault onto it easily, and when I stand in place and jump while facing a mirror I'm almost 2" over the top of the box.  It's also difficult because I need to time the arc of the jump onto the box, I don't want to peak too early before I'm over the box, etc.  Overall I just need the courage to do it.  I tried jumping next to it for 10 regular jumps, landing on the floor, and I would've cleared the top of the stack every single time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment