May 16, 2012

May 15, 2012 Lower


  • Deadlifts: 410*3 440*1 450*1
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 155*3 165*3 175*3 175*3 135*5
  • Hanging Leg Raises (Feet to Hands): 5, 5
  • P.U.P.P.: 2:00, 1:00, 1:15

As noted in previous weeks my lower back has been tired so I wanted to back off the volume/weight here on deadlifting.  Actually meant to go 410 430 450, but I counted the weight wrong on 2nd set.  Anyway, wanted to let my lower back recover some here.  Going to get a massage at some point soon as well, need one.  As I get older I'm trying to make sure I take care of my joints/body more. I love lifting/jumping/running and want to be able to do it til the day I die.  I intend to be the hottest old dirty bastard alive some day.  

Worked on clean form again; have my own chalk now so that helps.  Form is improving, still need to get into the mindset where I'm putting it all together every rep.  Even having perfect form 90% of the time is too few.  If I was that sloppy on deadlifts my spine would be in pieces by now.  Traps are sore as hell the day after, I will say.   Did some hanging leg raises here, bringing feet up to where my hands were hanging. It was interesting, not something I'd do every day though.    Push up position plank presses were insane.  I thought my abs were going to explode after.  

No comments:

Post a Comment