March 29, 2012

March 26, 2012 Lower WHARGARBL!!! WITH VIDEOS


  • BB DL: 400*1 445*1 475*1 505*1  NEW PR!! 515*1 NEW PR!!
  • Trap-Bar DL: 405*1 495*1 515*1

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  As I transition out of my 20s I keep thinking to myself "someday, maybe it's today even, there will be a day when I am never stronger over the course of my life.  I will look back on it 30 years from now and say "I never lifted more than I did that day".  I don't know if today's that day; I hope not.  But still at some point I'll hit a pull/bench/squat/whatever that I'll never surpass. I may not know it at the time; in fact I probably won't.  Nonetheless that day will come.  Today was hopefully not that day.  I got the 475 easily, then decided to just go for 505 instead of ramping anymore.  That went up fairly easy.  I was actually surprised how easy.  I decided to go for 515.  The horror....I locked it out...but my form was...rough, to say the least.  I hadn't really planned on doing two pulls above 500 on standard deadlifting.  Still though, felt great.  I'll probably forget the form I used in a month or two, but I'll always remember pulling 515...until I pull 520.  Worth noting, I was 205.5 lbs here.  


Hit trap-bar deadlifts after sort of just for fun.  Tied my old record.  Considered breaking it with 520, but figured I'd save it for another day, I was getting hungry and I didn't want to tax my CNS anymore than I have to.   On to the videos!

First the non-horrifying.  505


Now for the horrifying, my form on 515.  I actually started laughing as I locked out

Finally, 515 on a hex bar. Just for fun


2 comments: