October 11, 2011

October 9, 2011 Conditioning

  • 7kg MB Slams: 50, 50, 50
  • 34" Plyo Box Jumps: 4kg*10 8kg*10
  • 34" Seated Plyo Box Jumps: 10kg*10 12kg*10
  • Paloffs: 50*3 60*2

So since I can't quite get onto the medium & tall box stacked on each other (about 39") without worrying about catching my shins on the steel frame, I decided to hold a weight in front of me while jumping on the regular height box.  This way I'll get used to jumping with the extra weight, should make getting on the taller stack easier.  Honestly though I wish they had soft boxes to jump on instead of these steel ones, seems like a leg-break hazard.  Apparently the club in Medford has soft boxes.  Also liked how holding a kettlebell while doing the jumps took the arm swing out of the movement and made me focus more on legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment