October 16, 2011

October 14, 2011 Lower

  • BB DL: 405*2 415*1 425*1 315*5
  • Glute-Hams (on lat pulldown): 3
  • Pistols: 4, 4
  • Chinups: 12, 6
I'm still not back at 100% on deadlifting, I feel like my lower back/glutes/hams are still exhausted.   I guess that makes sense considering last Friday was supposed to be a 'light' day and instead I broke my leg press record by 250 lbs. or whatever and my glute bridge record by 100 lbs.  Whoops.  This coming Friday I'm going to keep the weight low on deadlifts, like in the 315 range, and see how I feel.  Glute-Hams on the lat pulldown worked, but they hurt my knees...Did more pistols. I enjoy them even if they're hard; I feel like it'll work out any imbalances I have.  Finished the posterior chain off with some chinups.   

On a separate note I've been thinking of reorganizing my training; I do the deadlifting at the end of the week since I have a day off right after, but that doesn't really make sense.  It's the hardest lift I do, and it comes after squatting on Tuesdays and sprinting or some other heavy conditioning on Wednesdays.  I'm still sore sometimes when deadlifting, which is probably not good.  I should probably be deadlifting on Mondays.  Just like you prioritize within a workout, doing the largest lifts first, you want to do that during your training week as well.   I take Saturdays off, and Sundays I do conditioning work, but it's usually more anaerobic work (ball slams, kb swings, etc.) and box jumping (which I could do all day and not end up with a seriously fatigued CNS).  So Mondays should probably be deadlifting day, Tuesdays incline benching etc, Wednesday conditioning, Thursdays Squatting, and Friday bench pressing.  That is if I keep the same routine when bulking as I have now.  I'm not entirely sure I will though.  More on that later though; I'm thinking of doing something like a push-pull-olympic or explosive split.

No comments:

Post a Comment