November 14, 2020

November 10, 2020 Broad Jumping & Sprints

Okay, so I thought I would never beat that previous broad jump record I had, but I forgot about one thing.  When you start bulking there's usually a delay of a few weeks before you start to notice strength gains. It takes time to build new muscle.  But when that strength gain kicks in it's usually before you've gained a lot of weight, maybe a couple pounds.  Such is the case here...The strength gain has definitely kicked in, and I'm still light enough to launch myself pretty well.  I didn't think of that until after this session though, so I was pretty shocked with the numbers I put up here.  As I started I realized I could kick my legs forward a bit more on my landings so I tried that as well.  I was trying to avoid violent hip-hinging movements this week to let that ab-strain or whatever heal.  So I knew I'd pay for this later (I did, super sore next two days after), but the weather was in the high 70s it was sunny and beautiful out.  Now, can I go further than this? Probably not.  This is coming off the most successful cut of my life, with that early-bulk boost in strength, and I've done a lighter workload the past week.  


  • Broad Jumps: 10' 1.5", 10' 6", 10' 10" NEW PR!!, 10' 11.5" NEW PR!!, 10' 9.5", 11' 0" NEW PR!!, 10' 6.5"
  • 50m: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment