April 3, 2016

March 29, 2016 Lower Body

  • Medium Box Squats: 275*5 315*5 350*5 370*2 385*1 405*1 315*5
  • Front Squats: 225*3 250*2 275*1
  • Unilateral Hip Thrusts:  45*5 65*5
  • Hollow Core Holds: 25 Seconds, 23 Seconds
  • Ab-Wheel: 10

Great session....I'm going to do box squats for a few weeks here. I get into the habit of not sitting back into squats well enough, so the box squats really help with that.  On these today I had a hard time at first really setting back, but once I was on the box I could explode up off it really well. I need to ingrain both those patterns again over the next couple weeks and then return to regular squatting, see if I can hit some PRs.  My ass/hamstrings were getting wrecked, I love it.  I love how box squats teach you how to use those parts.  Also did unilateral hip thrusts. I need to focus, on balancing out my hips.  A lot of times when I load up on squatting or snatches my ass will be way to the right on the way up, and it's putting too much torsion stress on my left knee in particular, I want to get that straightened out ASAP. No idea where it came from 

No comments:

Post a Comment