January 9, 2022

January 2, 2022 Full Body

Wow...ok...it doesn't feel like I really lost any strength at all.  Or maybe losses to peak strength were outweighed by tightness, muscle pulls, strains, etc. healing over the past week.  On deadlifting my lower right back felt completely fine, and that let me absolutely tear the weight off the floor.  I'm not going to say I could've cleaned 315, but it was pulled so rapidly I could've done a half-ass upright row.   I didn't push anything here in terms of weights, on any of the exercises, this was more about feeling things out.  Strength certainly feels like it actually ticked up a bit.  I always wondered how people that took time off came back stronger after a week away...I get it now, they're so exhausted that they feel rejuvenated when returning.  The only place I appear to have lost any strength is on the incline benching, and I assume flat-benching will be down as well.  That's disappointing since I was having fun setting home-gym records and thought I had a chance at a 315 bench press by the end of this bulk.  My goal now is to get back to where I was pre-injury by the time this bulk is over.  Not sure if that's feasible though, given my shoulder doesn't feel like it's going to be supporting the volume (triples on lower-weight sets) that I was doing before, and I would not be surprised if it takes a month or two to feel back to normal.  Still, everything else seems to be going well, so we shall see. 


  • BB DL: 315*1 365*1 405*1 435*1 455*1
  • HPS: 95*1 115*3 135*3 145*3
  • BB Incline: 215*3 235*2 255*1/2
  • Snatch-Grip Pullups: 45*3, 3, 3
  • Suitcase Carries: 65*10
  • Hanging Knee Raises: 10, 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment