September 29, 2020

September 22, 2020 Broad Jumping, Sprinting

It was cool out, and there was a breeze going against me so I wasn't sure how broad jumping would go.  I had, by far, the best session of my life.  I do not know if I can get much farther than I did here.  I mean, maybe with a change in body composition and shedding some upper body mass, but I do not like doing that.  Same thing goes with 100 times, 200 times, etc.  I know I could deadlift more if I trained for it to the detriment of other things, bench more if I focused on it, etc.  But for me I'm more interested in all-around performance, and I have a hard time imagining getting much more than the record I set here.  I completely sold out on the thing and any shakier I'd be putting myself at risk for injury.  I always think about the fact that someday a person will run their fastest 100, or deadlift their highest weight, or jump farther than they ever have before, or ever will again. Usually you don't know when those moments are.  I have a strong suspicion that I will never match/beat this record here.  It's actually making a bit nostalgic.  I turned 39 last week, and even though I feel like I'm still getting stronger/faster/ more powerful in a lot of areas, that's because of zeroing in on my training, diet, sleep, etc.  My maximum potential has probably declined quite a bit, it's just that I never actually hit it, and my increased performance now is just bringing me up closer to that reduced maximum.   So I'll keep making record attempts, I'm getting a drone soon and will use it to check my form, maybe there's something in there to improve on.  Also, the 50s after this were slooow, my posterior chain was shot. 


  • Broad Jump: 9' 9", 9' 9.5", 10' 6.5", 10' 4.5", 10' 4", 10' 6", 10' 7", 10'9" NEW PR!!
  • 50*5



No comments:

Post a Comment