September 26, 2018

September 15, 2018 Sprinting

37th birthday today.....my goodness.  I still remember the last few minutes of being 29, counting down to 30....7 years ago.  I have to say, not to sound conceited, but I take the fact that I've held up pretty well as validation.  Of my sleep/rest schedule, the way I've structured workout, and probably most of all how I eat/supplement.  I've been so busy with the first year of this new career, and other adult things that I haven't had much time to write about a lot of that stuff.  But I'm catching up finally, and soon I'm going to be writing articles again.  I love sharing this stuff and helping people.    

Still....37....my goodness.  It's time to start down other adult paths as well, that's part of why I started the new career I'm in now.  It's also why I structured my routine at the gym/track the way I did, starting last year.  I don't want to have kids and be one of those people that lets their fitness go to complete shit.  Conversely, I don't want to be someone that only spends time in the gym or working out, and misses the fun in the rest of life.  As I got older I realized there were so many things I wanted to do with my time, and had to find balance, but didn't want to sacrifice health/fitness/etc. That's why I switched to the full body workouts, and geared those days towards max performance in the gym.  It's let me maintain where I've been at, while getting back 2 extra days during the week to do other things I enjoy.   

One last note, I've noticed that when I take a few days off before a workout I still come close to / hit PRs.  My performance has not slid as I age.  I'm considering chasing some this bulking phase...more on that later. 

So anyway, got a track session in here, still a bit fatigued from earlier this week.  


  • 110: 2
  • 100: 1
  • 110: 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment