September 26, 2014

September 1, 2014 Sprinting!


So this happened: 

and I was pretty happy. Then this happened: 

and I was ridiculously happy

So every year I usually take some time off right around now in my training, and this year was no different, I hadn't done a thing for 6 days, besides MBA stuff. I'm really starting to see how when you're training hard time off can benefit you. I've always been skeptical about that because the weights I push never seem to go up when I'm coming back off a rest week.  However I'm noticing huge jumps in my speed when I take a few days off beforehand.  

I did the usual 110s, and then got ready for that first run, I had a pretty good start, and felt like I kept up a good pace throughout, but when I got the time I was shocked.  My first sub 13 ever!  I waited around and then did the 2nd one and thought I was about the same speed, I didn't feel a ton faster, but AGAIN I was shocked.  Seriously over the moon with this.  For someone that's my age, not going off blocks, not even down in a crouch, and only doing this once or twice per week....I may consider having two set sessions per week and see if I can get into the 11s.  Right after that 12.75 I turned a 12.85 in that would've been a PR about 6 minutes earlier. Just a great day, my 3 fastest runs ever!


110m:2
100m: 12.88 NEW PR!!  12.75 NEW PR!!!! 12.85! 13.22

No comments:

Post a Comment