August 12, 2012

August 8, 2012 Sprinting


  • 300m: 1
  • 200m: 4
  • 100m: 1
  • Total: 1200m
I came out feeling like I had something to prove to myself.  I was pretty depressed yesterday wondering if I had done my last set of deadlifting ever.  I woke up this morning and still feel the pressure when I sit or stand for too long.  It hurts like crazy when I bend down to get something, actually it's more when my hips move back at all that it hurts.  It's excruciating getting in and out of my car.  But similar to how I've felt the last few weeks, when I do other exercises my back doesn't feel worse. Not great, but ok.  I was doing air squats last night.  This morning I feel about 40% better.   I got out to the track determined to do something, I wasn't sure how long I'd last but if I'm hurt I'm still not going to stop.  The first 100 meters of that 300 I was a bit tentative, and then I realized I was fine and I took off.  I sprinted more than I have in about a year.  Felt good.  Back actually felt better.  It's when I stop moving that it tightens back up.  So this was definitely needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment