August 29, 2012

August 22, 2012 Conditioning / Sprinting


  • 300m: 1
  • 200m: 4
  • 100m: 3
  • Total: 1400m
I'm 90% certain this is the furthest I've ever sprinted before.   The 100s at the end aren't that hard at all.  I've noticed that as the summer progresses I'm not necessarily feeling like the sprints are getting easier; I'm still doubled over after the 300m and am absolutely exhausted by the end of the workout.  But what I'm noticing is that my recovery time between the sprints is getting much shorter.  Today for instance this whole 1400m session took about 45 minutes.  5 weeks ago, about 1100m would've taken me about 65 minutes.  So obviously my anaerobic conditioning is getting better.   

As for how much I'm sprinting, I'm thinking of putting a hard cap of 1200m on a session, maybe even 1100m.  I do like the anaerobic effect these sprints are having, but this is also supposed to be a speed training day.  I'm not sure if beating myself to death with a slew of 300 & 200s is really accomplishing that, or at least I don't think grinding myself out is really helping my top end speed any.  I may still do the 300 at the start from now on, but may shift to 2 200s, and then 4 100s or something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment