January 7, 2012

January 6, 2012 Routine Update


Alright, so here's an update of what I've been doing.  I moved deadlifting & squatting ahead of the o-lifts for those days.  I know the usual logic is to put the olympic lifts first, but I don't do any better on them putting them first, and they sap my deadlift/squat, so I put those first again, and do the olympic lift right after.  I also took a couple working sets off of deadlifting since I'm pushing up the weights pretty rapidly and don't want to burn out before I hit 500.  Also reduced numbers of sets on my delt exercises (push press and overhead press) as I do not wish to overwork them. Also will be adding Romanian deadlifts on my light leg days to bring up my hamstrings which I feel are lacking.  Another big change; I moved my heavy upper day to Tuesday, so my two heavy days are back to back on Monday & Tuesday. I did it as an experiment, I disliked having my upper body heavy day on Friday after a week of beating on my body physically, I felt I wasn't progressing.  I put it on Tuesdays now, I'm pretty tired after those back to back heavy days, but as I usually take Wednesday off I bounce back quickly for the rest of the week. 
  • Sunday:
    • Box Jumps, Box Jump Series, Plyo Pushups, Plyo Box Jumps.
  • Monday:             
    • Deadlifts (3x03)
    • Hanging Power Cleans (5x03)
    • Paloffs or some core movement
  • Tuesday:
    • Flat Bench (5x03)
    • Weighted Pullups (5x03)
    • Push Press (3x03)
    • Dips (BWx03)
  • Wednesday:
    • Off, Foam Roll, stretching , massage, whatever
  • Thursdays:
    • Squats (5x05) 
    • Snatches (5x03)
    • RDLs (3x05)
    • Planks (plank rope drags)
  • Friday:
    • Pullups (3xBW) 
    • Incline Bench (3x05)
    • Overhead Pres(3x05)
    • Face Pulls: (3xBW)
  • Saturday:
    • Off

No comments:

Post a Comment