January 30, 2012

January 26, 2012 Lower / Light


  • Hanging Power Snatches: 135*3 135*3 145*3 155*3 135*3
  • Box Squats: 315*5 345*5 375*4 385*4
  • Romanian Deadlifts: 315*5 365*3 385*2

Solid session. Of note, I managed to finally make that mind-muscle connection with my hamstrings on the box squatting.  I realized that when I bench I wouldn't have my pecs be disengaged for any of it, so why would I let that happen with hamstrings on squats.  I think that's what's been holding me back.  I really focused on keeping them flexed while doing the box squats, and sure enough it took away the little 'freefall' I have when I get near parallel.  I may do one more week of box squatting before returning to standard squats to really lock in the feeling, not sure yet.   Romanian deadlifting went well, really focused on ensuring the hips controlled the movement. You'll often see people do these and speak about how taxing it is on their lower back.  If you feel your lower back on them, you're not doing them right.  Focus on pushing your ass back as the weight descends, and then to bring it back up push your hips forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment