March 22, 2020

March 17, 2020 PM Sprinting

Ok, so I was looking at my gym's website....and it's closed for Coronavirus.  The rest of the area is pretty much shut down so that's not surprising. I've wanted to have a home gym for a while, and even had stuff picked out; I should have foreseen this and ordered last week. Ugh.  In the meantime I ordered stuff as soon as I saw that notice; a rack, weights, bar, etc.  Who knows how long it takes to get here, I'm going to have to try and figure something out bodyweight....basically just try and continue to induce hypertrophy.  Muscle is harder to keep than strength; strength comes back quick too.  Your body doesn't really "want" to keep muscle so if you're not working it you lose it pretty fast. Strength is a function of your CNS, and comes back much faster.  Hopefully the stuff I picked out gets here in two weeks or less.  Rogue has an arrival date of later this week for the bar and some of the weights, I hope that comes to fruition.  

In the meantime, I used this session to work on my starts at the track, I want to work on that a lot here in the next several weeks leading up to full sprint season.  Plus it's a great way to pack in volume, if I had in an extra session per week like this it won't fatigue my muscles as much on account of the shorter distance.  I'll probably need to sleep a bit more though from CNS fatigue. 


  • 50*5 max effort

No comments:

Post a Comment