September 6, 2012

September 4, 2012 Lower


  • Deadlifting: 315*3 345*1 365*1 375*1 395*1
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 135*3 185*2 165*4
  • DB Goblet Walk: 105*1:20 NEW PR!! 105*0:46-pecs cramping
  • Wide-Stance Anti-Rotational Chop: 60*10

I'm back.  Well not quite, but still.  I was wondering if I'd ever deadlift again about 5 weeks ago, right on the cusp of 400.  Probably could've had 405 here but I wanted to save something for the cleans too since I haven't done them recently either.  The deadlifting went great, I broke off the floor much easier than last week, no hilting or jittery reps either, these were smooth.  I'm not going to go full-bore again for at least 2 or 3 more weeks, but I'm going to attempt over 400 again this coming week. 

My back really felt fine this time, as did my hips.  The calf didn't get weird either. I'm not sure if I mentioned that here, but if I'm on my feet for too long I get this weird stabbing/electrical shock type pain in one spot on my calf. I'm not sure if it's a pinched nerve or what. I'm going to give it another month or so to go away.  It's annoying as hell though if I have to walk for a long distance, because the only way to get rid of it if it starts is by laying on my back.  

Anyway, I was sufficiently pumped after deadlifting and the power cleans that I wanted to get a record on something, and I got it on the goblet carries.  It's crazy how hard they get at the end when the bottom of the dumbbell is bouncing into your diaphragm and making it hard to breathe.  Finished with the anti-rotational chops.  I feel like the rotational work or stabilizing work I'm doing right now is the hardest on my back/piriformis; I can really feel it tweaking when I do that stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment