September 24, 2012

September 20, 2012 Upper


  • Standing Press: 115*7 115*9 135*5 145*2
  • BB Incline: 225*1 235*1
  • Pullups: 80*3 80*3 80*2 80*2 80*2

What I learned: I have some odd biomechanical stuff going on. Always have.  Traditionally you're supposed to do things like snatches/cleans/etc. before doing things like deadlifting, squatting, etc.  The logic is that the o-lifts will get your nervous system going, and also doing heavy lifting before the o-lifts will hurt your numbers in them.  Of course when I try cleans for a few weeks before deadlifting I experience no benefit to the cleans as compared to doing them second. Plus my deadlift nose-dives.  Same here for this; I wanted to try standing pressing first instead of incline benching.  Didn't help them any, and killed my incline bench. So back to inclining first next week!  Pullups went well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment