October 25, 2020

October 20, 2020 Broad Jumps, Sprinting

Not a bad session, weather was actually quite warm out.  Jumps weren't terribly good, but I may have been holding a tiny bit back.  So last week I had food poisoning early on, it cleared up pretty quick...but then we went to Maine for the weekend and I pigged out there and...I think re-aggravated things? My stomach definitely wasn't ready.  It sucks to start off a bulk that way.  So this week I'm re-starting, now that my appetite is back and stomach is feeling better. It's definitely not 100% yet, it feels almost bruised, but hopefully that clears up over the next 10 days or so.  


For this bulk I'm going to focus on more whole-foods, and about 3500 calories.  Usually I have a lag of 2-4 weeks before I notice my strength picking up during a bulking cycle.  If it's closer to the 2 week number I may up that to 4000 and see if I can crush some PRs.  For the cut after that though I'm going to put it around 2650-2750 calories.  I go too low most years for the amount of exercise I do, so I think I end up losing muscle at the end.  I don't do crash-cuts where I take in like 1500 calories or something, but 2400 over the course of 4 months means that at the end my body is pretty depleted.  I want to avoid that this time around.  More on that later.


  • Broad Jumps: 9' 2", 9'10", 9' 5", 9'8", 10' 0"
  • 50*7

No comments:

Post a Comment