June 10, 2019

May 25, 2019 Sprinting

So I've always used Harvard's track as my main place to go.  It's convenient, and ostensibly better maintained than some other nearby ones.  I had never tried Newton North high school before, but with some hippy drum-circle music festival going on at Harvard's track & field I had to find somewhere else to go.  I didn't feel like trying the other alternatives I've used in the past, so I decided to give the Newton one a try.   Oh my goodness.  It's so much nicer.  Harvard, and really the other ones I go to are just tar that's been painted that maroon track color using that rubbery paint.   The Newton one is a legit track surface, like Tartan or Mondo or something.  It actually feels like it has some spring to it.  The best part: afterward I have ZERO joint soreness or fatigue.  I could come and do this every day here if I wanted.  I'm absolutely coming here at least once per week from now on.  

As for the running, my left hamstring still has that twinge in it.  I'm going to Iceland in less than 4 weeks, so I won't be working out or sprinting at all, just walking around there.  I'm hoping that week off let's it get back to normal.  



  • 110*8

No comments:

Post a Comment