March 4, 2018

February 27, 2018 Sprinting

Got 3 400s this time.....was much more bundled up though.   Still, considering I didn't even really do 2 in a session last summer (may have done it once or twice, I don't remember), I'm pretty happy with these results.  I made two changes last week before I got the 4 in, and I think that has made the difference.  First, I had more caffeine at work, I had 4 cups of tea evenly spaced throughout the day, with the last one around 4PM, about 90 minutes before the session.  Second, I finally forced myself to relax my shoulders when running.  I have a really bad habit of tensing up my traps/ shoulders/ rhomboids and by about 200 meters it's excruciating and interferes with my breathing.  One of the keys to running well is to relax; it sounds counter-intuitive, but you actually can run faster.  Here's a quick article on why. 


  • 110: 2
  • 400: 3
  • Total: 1420 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment