July 14, 2020

July 7, 2020 Sprinting - Harvard Track

So, I've written frequently about how Harvard's track is faster.  Several years ago they took down some trees nearby and after that there was this slight swirling effect in the wind there.  Then they started building the engineering school and some buildings nearby, and I haven't been there since they finished a lot of that.  Wow is the wind there awful now.  I felt like I was getting shoved out of the lane on all 3 of the 100 attempts here.  I don't know if this track is faster than Newton North now.  I may try Brookline when I want to try for a PR again in a few weeks.  I don't think I'll ever eclipse my previous record here (11.74 I think it was, I have it written on the records page).  It almost feels like I should have a before/after construction delineation for that because the wind-sheer effect here now is terrible.  Maybe on a day with 0 breeze whatsoever, just completely dead air, I could try again...


  • 50: 3
  • 100: 12.22, 12.38, 12.54

No comments:

Post a Comment