January 21, 2019

January 21, 2019 Nutrition Notes

So last year I didn’t really talk about what my cutting plan was, or what foods I was adding.  Every cut I try to add in something else healthy…and this time I also decided I was going to eat a bit more calories on training days.   My hope was that by doing so I would maintain more strength and a bit more lean weight through the cut.  I think I accomplished that, I noticed virtually no strength drop through the cut.  I was a tad bit slower at the track though, probably because I had more upper body mass. 

So for foods, I added a bunch of fermented / probiotic type meals.  The biggest thing though was that I started making a lot of my own foods.   I decided that I wanted to add things like kombucha, kefir instead of milk, and sauerkraut into my diet.  Rather than buying those things and not knowing where the ingredients were sourced from, or how old it was, etc.  I decided to make the kefir & sauerkraut on my own.  The kombucha seemed a bit labor intensive, and since I only have it a couple times per week it seemed a bit overkill.   I also started making my own yogurt and almond milk, which I can flavor to the consistency that I like, and can control the ingredients. 


This coming cut, whenever that starts, I'm going to continue adding more vegetables to my lunches, and may start bringing some sauerkraut as well.   Honestly, other than that, I think food is set at this point other than some tweaks.  Nice to be at that juncture.  I'll have more to say when I get closer to the start of this cut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment