February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 Miscellaneous thoughts on Nutrition, Routine


  1. I'm  considering switching things up a tad with breakfast; instead of using dairy milk I'm considering switching to soy milk.  I'm not anti-dairy, necessarily, but the soy milk would probably be easier on my stomach first thing in the morning.  Plus I have no idea where the milk is coming from; there's a company that distributes the milk, and a farm number listed on there, but I can't match it to anything on Google. I may try calling them this week and see if they can tell me what farm it comes from. There's the fact that grass fed & finished beef is much better for you than grain finished beef (all cattle eat grass on the field, it's when they're taking to the slaughtering lots and fattened up on corn & antibiotic laden crap that the quality goes to shit, which is why you should look for grass fed, grass FINISHED beef).  It's similar for milk; what the cows eat goes into the milk you drink.  I'd like to at least be able to see the farm.  With soy milk there's a whole lot fewer issues, since I'm not a stickler for organic vegetables/fruit by any means.    But all this brings up the fact that so many people pay attention to where their meat comes from, but then eggs & dairy kind of slip under the radar.  The stuff you're drinking, or eggs you're eating are JUST as susceptible to the problems that occur with factory raised beef.  Just look at the fact that with eggs you can buy ones specifically higher in Omega-3s, simply based on what the chickens were fed. Just some food for thought. 
  2. I'm pondering routines for this upcoming cut, and also for the future if I have a family.  In the latter case there's obviously a lot more demands on time.  I'm considering ideas now that may help in the future as well.  I frequently talk about switching up my split but never really do it.  I probably won't this time either, since I stick with what works.  But if I do switch ever I may go over from doing 4 weighted workouts per week to three, or even two. If it was two, I'd be doing two full body sessions per week, and extending it to maybe an hour and 5 minutes or so. If I did that I would still have one sprint session per week and another conditioning one, possibly a second sprinting day. I would also have a day specifically for yoga/stretching.  Right now I just don't really have any room to fit that stuff in.  I have one sprinting day, and I can barely work my lower body even two days later.  Plus I don't really have time for a yoga class or something.  Just some ideas I'm tossing around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment