April 24, 2012

April 23, 2012 Lower


  • BB DL: 405*3 450*3 475*1
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 185*3 195*2 175*2
  • Unilateral Deadlifts: 135*5 185*3
  • Bird-Dogs: 10, 10

Taking it 'easy' or maybe less ball breaking is a better term.  I'm on a cut so I'm not going to have as much protein/materials to repair if I was going hard on deadlifting with 3 reps at 475 or so.  I need to look at form on the hanging power cleans, I'm leaving my feet STILL even trying to focus on not spreading them so wide on the catch.  Your feet should barely even leave the ground, and I do it constantly, with both feet moving about 2' out to each side.   For unilateral deadlifts I need to drop the weight big-time and just build up, it's completely different feeling from a deadlift.   Finished with bird-dogs.  Feels good to be doing more stability work.   Here's 2 videos on how to do hanging power cleans:






No comments:

Post a Comment