January 14, 2021

December 31, 2020 Sprinting

 What a year it's been.  When the pandemic hit I ordered a rack, a bar, and some weight plates, since I figured gyms may be closed for a couple months...a couple months.  That sounds crazy in retrospect.  I got what I think was the last rack that Titan sold before selling out, and to this day I think they've been out. Rogue has been out of plates as well.  If I had waited a couple days it would've been too late; what would I have done then?  I had always planned to build something in my cellar someday, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to do a lot of the overhead stuff.  It turns out my cellar ceiling is just high enough; I use 25s instead of 45s on things like snatches.  Once I started working out at home I just couldn't imagine going back to using a gym several times per week.  No wait times, no other people to interrupt or distract. Most of all, no commute time.  That, coupled with working from home really launched me to new heights fitness-wise this year.  Whenever we do go back to the office I assume it'll be a couple days in, a few days work from home, in perpetuity.  That genie is out of the bottle.  So the in-office days I'll probably still use a gym during lunch.  But the bulk of my workouts will still be from home.  Plus with starting a family it makes things much easier from a child care perspective, not having to leave.

Track work went well, I was on top of my 100m record, and blew away my old broad jump record a couple dozen times. I still think I can get faster from a standing start, but may buy some blocks as well.  It's tough because when I go really hard at the track in spring, summer, and early autumn that adds two more intense lower body days to pair with squatting and deadlifting. 

Overall I am really happy with how this year turned out from a fitness perspective.  2021 should be interesting, sometime in late March I believe, I will be at the 12 month mark for home workouts.  This is also the year I turn 40 in September.  That's going to be...interesting.....


  • 50*6

No comments:

Post a Comment