January 3, 2020

December 29, 2019 Sprinting

Final sprint session of the year, 102nd time.  This coming year I'm going to try and match that.  I was slower this year...not sure if it's age.  The track at Newton North is definitely slower, but it's so much easier on joints.  I may go for PRs at Harvard, while keeping my main training at Newton, that way I get the speed at Harvard without the wear on my joints. Also, I was slowed by that hellacious calf pull on the left side, and left hamstring twinge at the peak of the season.  The calf is 100% back to normal, but I still feel the hamstring whining a bit sometimes.  So all in all not a super successful sprinting year, but hopefully not the start of a decline. I think I set myself up nicely for 2020 though, didn't really lose anything over the winter, at least so far.  I may work on kneeling starts or even starts off of blocks in 2020.  


  • 110*6  

No comments:

Post a Comment