August 7, 2017

July 22, 2017 Sprinting

Soooo close.  Stumbled on the 100...I was going faster than I have all year, finally felt that speed again, but I wasn't used to it and got sloppy around 70m and had a slight stumble. Probably cost me .3 - .4.  I think I'm presssing a bit as well.  I've written in past years that the winds change in mid August, or sometimes sooner; they go from relatively calm to these swirling sheer-winds across the track.  Once that happens it is really hard to get a PR of any kind.  This year's season was so delayed by thew awful March/April and even early May weather that I feel like I'm behind where I should be, which makes sense.  But the problem is, there's that hard wall looming, when the winds change.  

This could be my first year sprinting where I don't set a PR for myself in the 100.  Add to that the thought in the back of my head about if I'm just getting slower with age....If that starts to happen I'll reformulate routine/diet/etc. to try and stave off slowness and keep adding speed. Still, I don't know if this is age related...I would have had a PR today, and when I count the # of workouts I've had, my track & gym workouts should be roughly even on the year, but I've done 10 fewer track sessions than gym ones.  I'm essentially 4-5 weeks behind.  

  • 110m: 2
  • 100m: 12.07, 1, 1, 1, 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment