August 28, 2015

August 22, 2015 Sprinting (first track spike session!)

  • 60m: 2
First thoughts: Felt...cool, it's like you're almost instantly at your top speed, there's no slip back or anything on the start.  I'm surprised how much I felt a boost past the first 20m or so, it was definitely helping me push off harder with each step.

  • 100m:  12.44
First 100 with them...I actually tailed off for the past 20m since it was supposed to just be a warmup run, and came within .12 of a PR....this is going to be fun.

  • 100m: 12.13 NEW PR!! 
I actually stumbled a bit at 20m, simply because I got such a huge push at the start, I'm not used to it. 

  • 100m: 12.06 NEW PR!! 
 It's going to take at least a few sessions before I'm used to this push at the start, I almost feel like I'm going to face-plant on my starts...Still, PR! I definitely feel like 11s are coming, as soon as I start getting used to these things.

 
  •  100m: 11.92 NEW PR!!
Or I'll just get into the 11s right now....whoah. Honestly I have faster in me....I feel like once I get used to this 11.6 or better is possible.  
 
 So yeah.....HUGE help at the start, which contributed the most to besting my previous PR by .4, but honestly the help further down the track was amazing, I've never hit the top speeds I was hitting before. Once I get used to those first 30 meters and can kind of 'cage' the huge speed at the starts I should be able to knock down PRs.  I officially feel like a sprinter now....just need to start from a crouch, which is the next task after I master the spikes.  
 
  • 100m: 12.35,  12.44
Finished with a couple more but I was pretty tired at this point...still the 12.35 would've almost been a PR about an hour ago. 

Total: 720m 

No comments:

Post a Comment