February 20, 2018

February 20, 2018 Sprinting

WHOAH....ok, so running in extra layers makes it hard to cool off while I'm mid-sprint, and also just impedes movement and makes it harder.  Today was 75, so I needed no extra layers, just shorts, didn't even need a shirt.  Also had 4 cups of tea over the course of work today.  I think being unimpeded by extra layers and that caffeine combined to give me a ton of energy.  For reference, I've never done more than 2 400s in one session before.  I did 4 here. The plan was for 2.  

I wanted to focus on relaxing my traps/shoulders/neck during the sprints, since tensing up is a common mistake.  I found that it made breathing and just the experience much more bearable, especially the ends of the sprints.  The first one I was going about 85%, the next 3 about 80%. So it's not like I was going slow.  What I found was that on the final 100 straightaway I was able to actually push speed instead of just "stringing out" momentum and hoping to not slow down too much at the end.  

I'm still kind of feeling good now a couple hours after finishing.  Most 400s I've ever done, and most total meters in a session as well.  Good way to kick the cutting cycle up a notch. 


  • 110: 2
  • 400: 4!!!!
  • Total: 1820m

No comments:

Post a Comment